Recipe of the month: Speedy breakfast smoothie
When you are short for time, make these liquid breakfast the night before so you can just grab and go. It takes less than a minute to be ready and is super easy. Here is how to make your own.
- One cup of oat milk*
- One handful of cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup of of any frozen fruit, berries such as blueberry or strawberries and mango works well
- 2 tablespoon of oats
- 1 tablespoon of ground linseed or wheatgerm
1. Blend everything in high speed. Add additional oat milk if required
2. Decant into a sturdy cup and secure with a lid. Place in fridge ready to go in the morning.
* Oat milk is available in supermarkets. Make sure the calcium content is minimum 120mg per 100 ml.
Why do I choose oat milk instead of regular cow's milk?
I personally prefer the taste of oat milk as it has a creamy flavour and oat milk is also a good source of soluble fibre. We prefer a lactose-free milk we have family member who is lactose intolerant.